May 06, 2005
Workshops, Travel and Inspiration
Inspiration may come readily to some, but others need a jump start - a workshop to get them thinking in new directions and exploring new ideas. The Guide to Art & Craft Workshops hosts a listings of workshops around the world for up to two years in advance. You can search by date, location or art media. There are many, many pages of listings, so don't stop after the first page.
The fibers workshop listings brought several tantalizing opportunities to light:
- Hudson River Valley Art Workshops is beginning a fiber arts workshop series in 2006, with courses, Drawing, Painting, Realism in Machine Embroidery by BJ Adams.
- Peggy DeBell's photo textile workshops, in beautiful Waynesville, NC (outside Asheville in the Blue Ridge mountains)
- At the Split Rock Arts Program Summer Workshops (Minnesota), Ilze Aviks will be teaching Fabric Collage and the Stitched Mark (sadly, waiting list only - but this is a fantasy workshop list right now anyway)
- Painting and weaving workshops in Guatamala
- Exploring Textile Techniques in Anam Cara, Ireland
Knocknara Ireland - image from pdphoto.orgPosted by sfenton at May 6, 2005 08:48 AM